If your real estate website is not getting you the traffic and leads that you need, you may want to reconsider your SEO. Real estate search engine optimization can be a great tool when getting the most business out of your website. Once your website is optimized correctly, you will find that you can get many more targeted leads and clients. When implementing the best search engine optimization to your real estate website, follow these nine essential tips!
- Research– Without the perfect keywords and keyword phrases, you will have a difficult time ranking your real estate website. Take the time to research a select group of keywords that you will want to optimize for. Try to find ones that have the lowest amount of competition for the highest amount of search volume. (Hint: Try local keywords to better define your niche!)
- Optimize Titles– You will want to create titles for everything from your blog post titles to your website pages and URL links. Include those keywords that you researched in these titles to alert search engines as to what your content is about!
- Optimize Images – For real estate websites, it’s important to have an abundance of high quality, professional photos of your listings. Make sure that all of your photos are optimized correctly by using keywords in the file name, as well as the alt tag and image descriptions.
- Post Virtual Tours– A key to real estate search engine optimization is engaging and intriguing the visitors to your website. A great way to get and keep potential clients on your site is to offer virtual tours of the houses available. Take advantage of technology and let customers see your homes without ever having to leave their seat!
- Include Internal Links– Many people often overlook this step. Include links on your pages to relevant content on other internal pages. You want your visitors to stay on your site, and this is a great way to provide them with even more information that they might find useless within your website.
- Backlink – A key to search engine optimization is the number of quality backlinks on other websites that bring traffic to your own. Reach out to relevant websites and offer to link to their site if they will return the favor.
- Don’t OVERlink – While internal and external links are essential for your SEO, do NOT overdo it. Choose quality over quantity and you will receive the most payoffs. Link only when it is necessary and helpful to the reader.
- Update Content – Your SEO efforts must be ongoing to ensure the maximum benefit. If a webpage receives a high ranking, this does not mean that your work is done! Keep creating relevant content and new pages to keep your visitors engaged and interested to retain that high ranking!
- Improve Functionality – Your website must be easy to navigate and use on all resolutions and devices. If search engines see that visitors are coming to your site and leaving just as quickly, they will assume there is an issue with the functionality of your website and will rank you accordingly.
The most important thing for you to remember regarding your real estate search engine optimization is that you must be patient! Despite your best efforts, a website cannot go from receiving a low search volume to appearing on the first page of search results in just one day. It will take time, patience, and whole lot of effort to start seeing results. It will be hard work to increase the SEO for your real estate website, but with determination and technical savvy, your real estate website can become optimized with the best of them.
Need help? We are here to help you grow. Contact us at email@example.com or call us at 855.372.8392.